Sanskrit Name :- Amrita, Aindavi, Asitatvacha, Avalguja, Bakuchi, Bakuci, Candralekha, Candrasakala, Chvakuchi, Chandralekha, Chandraprabha, Chandri,Indralekha, Induraji, Indurajika, Kalameshi, Kalameshika, Kamboji, Kandughni, Kantaka, Kantida, Krimighna, Krishna, Krishnaphala, Krsnaphala, Kushtaghni, Kushthahantri, Kushthanashini, Kustaghni, Putigandha, Putiphala, Putiphali,Sasankhalekha, Shashilekha,Shulotkha, Sita, Sitavari, Soma, Somaraja, Somaraji, Somavalli, Somavallika, Sugandhakantak,Suparnika, Suprabha, Suvalli,Suvallika, Tvagadoshapaha, Vakoochie, Vakuci, Valguja, Vanguji, Vejani, Andraraji
Hindi Name :- Babachi, Babchi, Babci, Bachi, Bakuci, Bavanchi, Bavanchiyan, Bavchiyan, Bhavaj, Bhavanj, Bukchi, Bavchi, Bakhni
English Name :- Psoralea seed, Bawchan seed
Urdu Name :- Babchi, Bavachi, Bakuchi, Babechi
Tamil Name :- Ativadayam, Atividyam, Ati-vadayam, Athividyam, Ativitayam, Adhividayam, Athividayam, Ati-vidayam, Ati vitayam, Adivitaiyam
Punjabi Name :- Bavchi
Kannada Name :- Bavanchi, Somaraji, Baavanchi gida, Baahujige, Baavanchi, Baavanjee gida, Baavuje, Karbeck beeja
Marathi Name :- Bavanchi, Babachi, Babchi, Bavachi, Bavachya, Baavanchi, Bavchi
TELUGU Name :- Bavancalu, Bavanchalu, Bhavanchi-vittu-lu, Bhavanchi-vittulu
PLANT DESCRIPTION (Botanical Identification) :- An erect herbaceous annual, 60 – 120 cm high with grooved and gland-dotted stems and branches.
Leaves simple, broadly elliptic, rounded and mucronate at apex, clothed with white hairs on both surfaces, covered with numerous black dots, main nerves 5, originating fromm base.
Seeds are dark chocolate to almost black, 3-4.5 mm long,2 to 3 mm broad, ovoid-oblong or bean shaped, somewhat compressed, glabrous, rouned or mucronate,closely pitted, campylotropous, non-endospermous, oily and free from starch, odourless, but when chewed, smell of a pungent essential oil felt. Taste is bitter, unpleasant and acrid.
PART? USED :- Seeds, Fruits,? Leaves,? Roots,? Flowers
DOSAGE :- 1 – 3 gms.
Foreign matter 2 %, Total ash 8 %, Acid insoluble ash 2 %, Alcohol? soluble extractive 13 %,Water soluble extractive 11 %
Spasmogenic |? Hyprtensive |? Hypoptensive |? Antifertility |? Antidepressant? |? Antidiarrhoeal? |? Antidiabetic? |? Antipyretic? |? Antibnacetrial? |? Analgesic
Brhanmanjisthadi kvath churna | Chandraprabha vati?? |???? Khadirarista | Mahamanjisthadyarishta
- Babchi herb has anti-cancerous, anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant and anti-hyperglycemic properties.
- Seeds of this plant are diuretic, laxative and also used to cure poisoning by scorpion and snake bites.
- One of the amazing facts about this herb is that whole plant is used in medicine system for its medicinal properties. Common name of this herb is kusthghan, it is best ancient remedy used for kusthroga and leucoderma.
- This plant is natural blood purifier. It is used to boost immune system and process of detoxification of blood.
- Babchi herb is good to cure dyspnoea, asthma, bronchitis and various disorders associated with respiratory tract.
- Babchi herb is used to relieve indigestion and also used to cure worm infestation.
- Seeds of this plant are used to cure various skin disorders.
- Fruits of this herb are bitter in taste and used to stop vomiting.
- Seeds of this herb are also used in tooth and bone decalcification.
- Fruits are used to cure anemia, piles and various bleeding disorders.
- Babchi herb improves hair growth and useful in wound and ulcer healing.
- It improves taste and used to cure anorexia.
- It pacifies vata and kapha dosha.
AYURVEDIC ATTRIBUTES? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??
- GUNA (Quality)
- RASA (Taste)
- VIPAK (Metabolism)
- VIRYA (Potency)
- PRABHAV (Impact)
- Dr.KM Nadkarni, The Indian Materia Medica, Vol.I, pg 1019
- Prof P.V Sharma, Dravya Guna Vigyana, Vol II, pg 175-17
- The Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia Of India, Part I, Vol.I, pg 25
Babchi herb benefits in hindi | Babchi herb benefits | buy Babchi powder in india | buy Babchi herb | buy best Babchi Extract in india | buy I Babchi plant online india |buy Babchi dry herb in India | Best dry herb supplier in india | organic dry Babchi herb in india | authentic herb in India | best quality Babchi herb in india | Buy Babchi tree and flowers | Psoralea corylifolia medicinal uses | best quality Babchi herb seed in india | Babchi herb in india | buy Psoralea corylifolia herb in india | best Babchi tree in hindi | Babchi herb benefits & uses | certified Babchiherb in india | Research based Babchi herb |bulk supplier Babchi herb in india